In addition to publishing articles on functional and aesthetic oculoplastic surgery, Dr. Walrath serves as manuscript reviewer for The Aesthetic Surgery Journal and Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
Published and submitted research articles in refereed journals:
- Tan JJ, Narang S, Purewal B, Langer PD, Blaydon S, Schwarcz, McCormick SA, Kim JY, Walrath JD, Burt BO, Shinder R. Extranodal Rosai-Dorfman Disease of the Orbit: Clinical Features of 8 Cases. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015 Nov 11.
- McCord CD, Kreymerman P, Walrath JD, and Nahai FN. Management of post-blepharoplasty chemosis. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2013.
- McCord CD, Walrath JD, and Nahai FN. Concepts in eyelid biomechanics with clinical implications. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2013; 33(2): 209-221.
- Walrath, Joseph D. and Clinton D. McCord. The Open Brow Lift. Clin Plastic Surg 2013; 40:117–124.
- Walrath JD. Implants in ophthalmic plastic surgery. In: Focal Points, Clinical Modules for Ophthalmologists. American Academy of Ophthalmology Submitted May 2011, revised Aug 2011.
- Murchison AP, Walrath JD, Washington CV. Non-surgical treatments of primary, non-melanoma eyelid malignancies: a review. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 2011;39(1):65-83.
- Jung SJ, Walrath JD, Hudgins PA, Wojno T. Diffuse symmetric meningioma en plaque mimicking metabolic disease. Accepted to Orbit, Sept 2011.
- Shehata B, Kim HJ, Walrath JD, et al. Epstein-Barr Virus associated smooth muscle tumors in post transplant pediatric patients: three cases of rare location, and review of the literature. Submitted to The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, Aug 2011.
- Airiani S, Fine HF, Walrath JD, Chiang MF, FlynnJT. Bilateral circumferential macular folds in inflicted childhood neurotrauma. Retinal Cases & Brief Reports. 2010; 4(1):23-24.
- Gurung B, Kazim M, Lelli Jr GJ, Walrath JD. Perineural spread of distant squamous cell carcinoma to the orbit: case report and review. Open Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery. 2009;2:7-9.
- Walrath JD, Engelbert M, Kazim M. Magnetic resonance imaging evidence of optic nerve glioma progression into and beyond the optic chiasm. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery2008;24(6):473-5.
- Walrath, Joseph D. Implants in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery. Focal Points: Clinical Modules for Ophthalmologists. Accepted 2012 for publication in 2013.
- Walrath, Joseph D. Cosmetic Use of Botulinum Toxin. Review of Ophthalmology. 2012; November: 94-99.
- Walrath JD, Hayek B, Wojno T. Blepharoplasty. In: Bagheri SC,ed. Current Therapy in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 1st edition. Elsevier Health Sciences, 2011: Chapter 108.
Recent Symposium contributions:
- Yeager L, Hayek B, Walrath JD, Blaydon S, Neuhaus R, DeRespinis PA, Liu H, Roman Shinder R. Clinical presentation and management of impaled orbital foreign bodies. ASOPRS Fall Meeting 2011, poster presentation, October 22, 2011.
- Narang S, Gunasekera C, Purewal B, Langer P, Blaydon S, Robert Schwarcz R, McCormick S, Kim HJ, Walrath JD, Burt B, Shinder, R. Extranodal Rosai Dorfman disease of the orbit. ASOPRS Fall Meeting 2011, paper presentation, October 22, 2011.
- Walrath JD. Basal cell carcinoma extending to posterior lacrimal crest with perineural spread. Southeastern Ocular Oncology/Pathology Seminar, case presentation, October 29, 2010.
- Walrath JD and Wojno TH. The use of acellular cross-linked porcine dermal collagen (PDC)-wrapped acrylic spheres as primary ocular implants. ASOPRS Fall Meeting 2010, paper presentation, October 14, 2010.
- Arviso LC, Wise SM, Walrath JD, Wojno T, DelGaudio JM. Orbital involvement in invasive fungal sinusitis: review of outcomes and recommendation of a treatment paradigm. American Rhinologic Society, Annual Meeting, October 3, 2009.
- Walrath JD and Wojno TH. A modified frontalis sling suspension technique using split segments of autogenous fascia lata for the treatment of ptosis in young children. ASOPRS Fall Meeting 2008, poster presentation.